ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

That fun feeling

I worked more on Pisces Rising, which is just a temporary title, tonight. And I am getting that inner flying feeling, the high that comes from writing something you are happy about.
I am doing something unusual, for me, with this WIP. I am writing it out of order. I knew one scene I wanted to do so I started with that, even though this scene is more towards the middle of the book. I am usually very linear with my writing. Even though I am linear, I am also a pantser so I can't skip a section I am having problems with because I do not have a firm outline of what I would skip forward to.
But with this story I am just having fun with it and not feeling the stress of dragging the words out of my soul right now. Maybe chick lit is the right genre for me.
Lyrics of the day-And I know you've been
using a cut-rate thesaurus
'Cause your adverbs have backed
up into your chorus
Now your verse is runnin' on verbs
that are way too weak"
But don't be downhearted,
I can fix it for you, sonny
It won't take too long,
it'll just take money
(alan jackson)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home