ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Yippe Kay Yay!

It's Blog Rodeo time, fellow bloggers and friends!

This edition focuses on different posts about blogging. We starts our ride through the blogosphere at Great Circle. Pete Aldin offers a link to his last blog carnival about the way each of us overcome personal obstacles and battles. Read many interesting and varied posts on How the War was Won.

For a more personal insight into Pete Aldin read the first blog post that ever went up at his blog, Freaked Out Fathers. Slip back to December 2006 and see how he reacted In the beginning.

This next stop will be a real treat if you adore the beauty that is a found in the creation called a woman's body. This blog run by Aloha_50 is adult in some of its content and called In Praise of the Female Form. The post offered for the rodeo is of an array of gorgeous famous faces, artistically photographed and fully clothed. There is a particulary striking one of Kim Bassinger.

We've seen bueaty in the physical form at the last site, now lets cast our eyes upon beauty of the written variety. Jonas Lamb shares his poetic vision with this short sample of his work:

a baby's heart
a hummingbird's wings
my ear drum on her belly
listening
__

Now read all about this talented and thoughful poet who blogs.



Our wagon train is heading to to the heartland of my country as we stop by a site titled Alabama Kitchen Sink.Shelia Norbit lives in Springfield, Missouri now and opens up her world to us when she answers Why I Blog.


Time for a little fun. Play Tag at The Lives and Times of....Anthony McCune.

Draw your eyes to the center ring of this Rodeo and see me take the bull by the horns with the first blog post I ever put online. Its February 2005, its cold here in Chicago, and I am entering a brave new world See what started it all for me.

Some of us, like me with that very first post of mine, are not born brillant. But some of us are. This poet and friend from Doktor Lapse Eternus never fails to entertain and enlight me with his work. Shakir takes a moment to tell us why he blogs.

Our wagon train through the blogosphere zooms over to England to visit Naomi now. She's someone I can relate well to- an aspiring writer working hard to finish her novel. She's been blogging since January of 2006 and recently hit her 500th blog post. Read about that milestone and the blog carnival she is running by stopping by herDiary from England

We end the this time at our Rodeo by hopping on over to the see the man who inspired this whole event, the hardworking Kilroy of The Gonzo Papers. His post is dedicated to a cause that touches the heart of every American I know. If you pray, say a prayer for lost souls and then read about the life of Joseph Vincent Vigiano, who lived and died as a hero on September 11, 2001.


Thanks for taking the time to read this post and stop by all the sites that participated. Leave a comment at each one and let them know you had a ball at our Blog Rodeo! Till next time, cowboys, cowgirls and all you crazy blogging buddies of mine. Yee Haw.

Sing us out, Tim McGraw.


I got a life that most would love to have
But sometimes I still wake up fightin' mad
At where this road I'm heading down might lead
I guess that's just the cowboy in me

The urge to run, the restlessness
The heart of stone I sometimes get
The things I've done for foolish pride
The me that's never satisfied
The face that's in the mirror when I don't like what I see
I guess that's just the cowboy in me....

We ride and never worry about the fall
I guess that's just the cowboy in us all.



Cowboy in Me Lyrics

10 Comments:

  • At 9/27/2007 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Aloha_50 said…

    Thanks, sugar, for including me in the carnival. This is a lot better than the first rodeo.

    Should you wish to engage further I'd enjoy a link exchange with you.

     
  • At 9/27/2007 02:46:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    I'll add you to my list right now. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

     
  • At 9/27/2007 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Anthony said…

    Is the Aspiring Romance Writer going to play tag?

    Interesting to see how writers express themselves with something other than words.

    I like the way you put this carnival together. It's a lot more interesting than a simple list.

    My compliments, also, on your blog. You do a great job sticking to a certain theme while incorporating a lot of variety.

     
  • At 9/27/2007 07:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I'm lead story! HOw cool! Thanks Sara, this is truly generous of you.

    I don't think you'll be aspiring for long (ie., in case that was too subtle!: I think you'll be published). lol

    Take care!!

    (BTW, are you interested in writing for my next How the War was Won Carnival?)

     
  • At 9/28/2007 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    I appreciate the time and hard work you put in to get this rodeo together. You did a great job.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 10/02/2007 04:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Sara,
    Thanks for caring and being such a wonderful friend of a blogger. :-)
    Sounds like you're really enjoying yourself over here.
    with love.

     
  • At 10/04/2007 05:26:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You've been linked!

    Thanks for the exchange :)

     
  • At 10/04/2007 08:50:00 PM, Blogger TC said…

    Did you do 3WW this week? I was sure it said you did, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

    If you participated, please leave me a comment with the url: thanks! :)

     
  • At 12/14/2009 12:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    emm.. cognitively style :))

     
  • At 4/27/2010 01:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!


    Http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the one you need to sell your used products FREE and make money at home.


    Do your self a favorite buy using http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service to make a second income.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home