ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Inside the mind of me

If you were able to get a computer printout of my mind right now this is what you would read:


I'm so jealous of anyone who has an idea for their NaNoWriMo novel. I wish I outlined. Maybe I will outline my next novel? What the hell am I talking about? I've never outlined and never will. I'm as allergic to outlining as I am to dogs.

God, I am itching just thinking about dogs.

Maybe I could write a novel about dogs....oh my hell, am I desperate for an idea.


Think, think....I wonder what is going to happen on GH today? That show so needs to fire Guza. He can't write worth a....focus, no soap opera ranting allowed right now.

NaNoWriMo ideas so far:

Titles?

This is a girl becoming
Girl-in-Progress

Story Ideas?

Something like the movie Crash with different independant storylines of many different characters that are somehow all connected.

Connected how? Somehow.

Hello, muse, you there? Hello? HELLO!

Sigh.

I really need an idea for my NaNoWriMo novel.......

6 Comments:

  • At 10/09/2007 11:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck, and I hope the perfect idea falls in your lap any day now. :) Just wanted to let you know that I finished Email From Austin today - 2001 words. I have a link to it on my blog, so feel free to go read it. It's not edited and I have no plans to edit it, at least not any time soon, because I'm trying to really get into the practice of NaNoWriMo before it actually starts. But still not bad I guess.

     
  • At 10/09/2007 03:47:00 PM, Blogger R. J. Thorne said…

    I think I like you.

    Also, I think I might be allergic to outlines, too. Whenever I start to work on one I break out in hives and my breathing gets all sorts of wonky.

     
  • At 10/10/2007 07:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tagged you on my blog. :) Maybe that'll help spark something?

     
  • At 10/14/2007 02:06:00 AM, Blogger Adrian Swift said…

    Good luck finding your story idea! Ideas are all around. The key is to find one that will allow you to draw from the uniqueness within you, something that moves you, stirs you. Here's my tip:

    Look outward for inspiration, look inward for the story only you can tell.

    If that one doesn't help, here's another one:

    Take a plot that's been done a million times before, but put a unique twist on it, a surprise ending that demands a few other surprises along the way in getting there. This way, you'll have a sense of the familiar to work with, yet you'll be creating something new and original.

    The clock's a'ticking! (Not to give you any pressure or anything.)

    Good luck!

     
  • At 10/15/2007 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Rose Young said…

    You're doing NaNo? So am I. Want to be writing buddies? I'm at
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/45691

    -Rosie
    itsafatlife.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10/18/2007 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An excellent writing teacher told me many years ago (more than 20, though I hate to think about THAT) that good fiction didn't start with an idea--it started with a scene. I have, in fact, had a number of short stories and a few novels grow of their own accord out of scenes without my having any advance knowledge of how they'd unfold. Maybe what you need is to let go of the idea of an idea and just write?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home