ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm it

I have been tagged by the blogger who runs the awesome writing site Fiction Scribe.

Check out the rules of this unique meme:

* 1. After your intro, copy/paste this line and the rules below it: The originator wants to see how far it goes so please keep his link intact: http://rileycentral.net

* 2. Encourage people to post with the incentive of a link by including those who have passed it along here: Audrey, Celtic Angel, JM


* 3. Visit at least 3 on the list who’ve written and passed this meme. Leave them a comment.

And then you are supposed to, “pick three things that enrapture, consume, fascinate, or otherwise enliven you more than blogging. Then write a few lines about each to explain what the nonblog activity does for you, why and how.”



1. Soap operas- after about fifeteen years of watching them everyday I would say I'm pretty hooked. I know the history of the characters lives on the ABC soaps as well as I do my own history.

2.Family- I would say I spend more time thinking about, planning for, and caring for my immediate family than I do myself.

3. Writing fiction- two years ago I started working toward being able to write a 100,000 word novel that would one day be able to be purchased at your local Border's book shop. Suffice to say, it has turned out to be harder than I ever thought. But, also, more rewarding than I even could comprehend when I first started scribbling away in my notebooks years ago back in my days of hop scotch and barbie days. It's the driving force in my life. Each day I type away, trying to figure out this mysterious craft, and each day I move one microstep closer to reaching my goal. It's a hell of a way to spend a life, I recommend it whole heartedly.


I tag the talented writer Deep Thinker.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/11/2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    Thanks for the tag, Sara. I'll try and get it done by the weekend.

     
  • At 10/11/2007 11:37:00 AM, Blogger R. J. Thorne said…

    Hey! Thanks for the comment on the Max and Ophelia snippet.

    Max and Ophelia both surprise me by showing up in the oddest places, in the strangest situations, and I'm always amused when they happen to be at the same place at the same time.

    I do have to wonder with that 100 word snippet where they're going, what he's doing, and what sort of trouble they're in now.

     
  • At 10/12/2007 04:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sara,
    It's great as always to see you having a super time with your writing and the blogs.
    Did I remind you that Christmas is coming?
    Yes, Christmas is coming. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home