ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day poem

I wrote my mother a poem for Mother's Day. It kicked off a renewed interest in my poetry. I pulled out all my old poems and started typing them up. And I have written 7 more since last Saturday. Even though it is not progress on my novel it is helping to rev up those writing juices.
I want to put all my poems in an album so that they can be shared with my family and friends. If someone was to happen to me today my family would be hard pressed to read my writing because most of it is in such disarray. The half finished novels, ideas for future projects, poems, and song lyrics clutter various notebooks and computer files, the location of which only I know. I am going to organise my writing in a more professional manner in order to make it easier to share with others and,also, to show respect for this written craft that I adore.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/16/2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    I enjoy writing poetry as well. It is a release for me, usually when I am going through something tramatic or have strong feelings about something. I have one on my blog in the archives called goodbye. If you havent read it, you are welcome to. I wrote it when i lost my father a couple months ago.

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Thanks so much for reading my poem! I really loved that some line, too!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Kelley, I left you a message on your blog about your Goodbye poem.
    It is a great honor to you father to write a poem about your feelings about losing him. Thank you for letting me read it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home