ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another Writing Day

I started a new writing project this week. At this point I only have 400 words. That means it is in the critical beginning point where I might continue with it or put it aside depending on if I can get in touch with the voice of the main character.
The Work in Progress title is I am a Writer. It is about a person who goes to a summer writing program and meets others aspiring writers. They are taught by a famous published author who is no nonsense with this motley crew.

Since I have made Saturday my no matter what else I do this week I will write on TODAY day Then we shall see if I stick with I am a Writer or move on.
Strangely Andre's story still speaks to me strongly but I just can't find the key to unlock the door to that first page of the novel, from which all other pages grow.

Song Lyrics of the Day

She left her apartment at a quarter after eight
Drove the mile to the clinic and walked inside the iron gate
She was greeted warmly with reassurance in his voice
A simple safe procedure but had she made the proper choice

And at the church across the street the band played on
And the choir sang another verse of another lovely song

But her world was crashing as she paid the Doctor’s fee
And she wondered if she would ever meet
Someone from the church across the street ...


And at the church across the street the band played on
And the choir sang another verse of another lovely song


Timothy Mark

8 Comments:

  • At 5/13/2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    I hope you have a productive writing day! I am a writer sounds very interesting. How many novels have you finished? I'm working on my first one. I posted a page from it on my blog. It is in the archives if you want to look at it. I'm not sure if you read it or not. I enjoy talking to others who are trying to do the same thing as me. Its a tough field. Have a good day.

     
  • At 5/14/2006 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi again R.W...
    What happened to A Girl Like Me?

     
  • At 5/14/2006 08:35:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hello Susan,
    A Girl LIke Me was the product of a practice writing session. It was something I wrote to try and get the creative juices flowing again. I am not sure if I will develop it further.

     
  • At 5/14/2006 08:38:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hi Kelley,
    I haven't finished writing any novels yet. I would say the furthest I have gotten is three fourths of the way through one

     
  • At 5/14/2006 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Dear R.W.
    A Girl Like Me sounds good and promising to the core. You've got a lovely story there...just in case you want to tackle it again. I hope you will. Still, I wish you all the best with this one too. love

     
  • At 5/15/2006 03:40:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Thank you, Susan.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    I really enjoyed what I read of A Girl Like Me, too!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Thank you, Kelly. I haven't shared much of my writing with my offline friends or my family so it is nice to hear positive comments on this blog. I am still looking for my voice. The tone of A Girl Like Me is slightly different than I usually write but it is the direction I want to go in. I am really still dabbling in genres and styles, though, trying to find an authentic fit for my writing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home