ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, May 05, 2006

Pledge for Saturday


I won't have any free time Friday or Sunday but I pledge to write at least 1,000 words this Saturday. I've been slacking and letting weeks go by without writing. I know I need to write everyday for at least two hours. But instead of waiting around for my inspriration and determination to kick in I am going to start with a goal of writing every Saturday.

I finshed You can't get there from here by Todd Strasser last night. It is the type of novel I would love to write. Not only do the characters come alive from his descriptions but the story is about something ( teenage homelessness). Although it is written for young adults I think people of any age would enjoy this book.Leave me a comment of you have read this novel and let me know what you think of it.
http://www.toddstrasser.com/

Song Lyrics of the Day
Oh you know
I love my folks
But I keep starin' down the road
Just lookin' for
my one chance
to run

'cause I will soar away
like the blackbird
I will blow in the wind
like a sea
I will plant
my heart
in the garden of my dreams
And I will grow up
where I'll wander
wild and free

Sara Evans

2 Comments:

  • At 5/05/2006 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Hey. I am an aspiring romance writer as well. I am working on my first novel at the moment. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

     
  • At 5/06/2006 07:19:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hello Kelley,

    First let me say thank you for leaving a comment. Feel free to leave more if you want to chat about writing. Best of luck with your novel. What genre is it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home