ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Second thoughts

I knew it would happen after I posted that last blog entry. I am having second thoughts about showing the world my writing process. What I posted is not my best work. It is the first thing that came to mind. But I think it is important to show the way my mind thinks. I can't post a whole novel on this site. And I will not post work I hope to get published. But I want to share something of my writing.

All I want is postive feedback. Let's be honest here who wants to hear" that is a piece of crap! Give up!" But what I need is critism that can help me improve. I wish I had a writing teacher to take my hand and lead the way to publication but that is not the way it works.

Song Lyrics of the Day
We the great and small
stand on a star
And blaze a trail of desire
Through the dark'ning dawn
It's asking for the taking
Come run with me now....
Let the river run
Let all the dreamers
Wake the nation
Come, the New Jerusalem

carly simon


6 Comments:

  • At 5/10/2006 01:48:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hello Romance Writer, this is the first time I'm stopping by. I've read your excerpt from A Girl Like Me. and it's very good writing. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    This is the kind of story I would be most likely to buy at a bookshop. I love serious literary fiction on human relationships...doesn't matter the genre. But deep stories.
    I like yours because:
    it speaks of a strong character. I get the impression of a girl who's down-to-earth, no-nonsense, straightforward, seen too much agony to bother to be superficial about anything. Says what needs to be said and does what needs to be done and that's that.
    The mother/daughter story draws me in straightaway.
    The narrator appears to be a character who knows a lot but stays studied and watchful in thoughts and speech. And also, your top lines that talked about needing a lie, says right away that you're an insightful author with deep character study and you have now pinned this quality onto your narrator. Your prose works positively for me.
    With no flattery intended at all, I think its fabulous, darling!

     
  • At 5/10/2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5/10/2006 12:08:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Thank you so much for the kind words. It means the world to me. I still have a long way to go on the journey to publication but I won't give this dream up. Knowing that you responded postively to a example of my work encourages me to go on and create more.

     
  • At 5/10/2006 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I really enjoyed the piece of writing you shared with us. I think you have a great writing style and I really found myself wanting to read more. Great job. I know how you feel about sharing for the first time. I was so scared, but ended up with positive feedback as well. Keep it up!

     
  • At 5/10/2006 04:57:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Kelley,

    I will make sure to book mark your blog and stop by again. And if I ever get up the nerve to go deal with HTML code again I will link to you blog on my list of blogs to read.

     
  • At 5/11/2006 09:52:00 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Thanks. I have trouble with the htlm stuff too. I had my friend do mine for me! I'm terrible with that kind of stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home