ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tagged- Collecting People

My writing friend Kelley, from the blog http://kelleyv.blogspot.com/ , tagged me to participate in project that aims to tells other writers about your background so that they can turn to you if they need expert information for their stories. Check out Kelley's October 31 entry to read about her 5 areas of expertise.

This is supposed to be posted by each person that participates

Message from Sharon: "PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL 'PEOPLE COLLECTION' POSTS:Remember that it isn't always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)"


1. I live near Chicago. So if you set a story there I can tell you all about the streets, Lake Michigan, the Taste of Chicago, the pizza, the way we eat hot dogs, the proper way to pronounce words if you live here, and everything that makes that big city seem like a small town.

2. I am a huge soap opera fan. You need to know anything about the ABC soaps I can fill you in for the last 10 years or more. Your soap obsessed character will be very authentic if you turn to me for the low down.

3. I grew up in a big family that lived in the slums and the burbs. If you are an only child or grew up privilaged one thing you need to keep in mind if you write a character that is like I was as a kid- broke in a close knit family- is that people like that are, first and foremeost, loyal to each other. When there is nothing else there is still the desire to fight to the death to stay together and stand as a force against the outside world.

4. Have you heard of the new trend toward mega churches? I go to one. So I can tell you what makes it different from the church you grew up attending.


5. My life is boring but I will bug the people I know if you need questions answered about: living in Africa, sercurity procedures in national corporations, having fibromyagia, PCOS, living in a trailer park, living in a mansion, living on a farm, car repair, NASCAR, and alcoholism.


I will tag

Brandi Ashland http://brandiashland.blogspot.com/
Raven http://dkraven.blogspot.com//
and Novelist in Training http://wordplay.lastpromise.com/




4 Comments:

  • At 11/05/2006 01:52:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Sara,
    What a great read!
    Didn't know you live in Chicago. That's where Oprah Winfrey has her show isn't it, & also it was once known as the Windy City.
    I love soap operas too...my favourite is still The Bold & Beautiful & my favourite character is still Ridge & Brooke.
    lots of love

     
  • At 11/06/2006 06:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great idea! I pretty much never do memes, but I'm trying to work my way out of blogger's block and this looks like something I can muster up the energy to do.

     
  • At 11/08/2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    I loved reading this!! Very intesting.

     
  • At 11/10/2006 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    This is an interesting concept. Your background overview is both insightful and entertaining.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home