ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Sunday, October 15, 2006

National Novel Writing Month 2006

Well it happened. The first flakes of snow fell for this season. Some were happy about it. Others were grumpy as hell. I was the latter.

Anyway, back to why we are all gathered here, I plan to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. And I am currently gathering ideas to possibly use. I do not use plot outlines so all I will have to go in is a vague sense of where I hope the story will go.

My first idea has the working title Nikolas and Simone. Since you can only write your NaNoWriMo novel in the month of November I can not use an idea I have already been working on.

Nikolas and Simone would be a love story. They would be two people who are soulmates but don't realize it until they are broken up. I want the story to have a magical once in a lifetime feel to the love affair set against real life everyday circumstances that stand in their way. Basically they will mess up a lot of lives if they choose to be together but they will carry the scars forever if they choose to walk away from love a second time.


Will I end up writing that story next month?

Don't ask me I just live in this body. The muse makes the writing decisions.

8 Comments:

  • At 10/15/2006 01:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with NaNoWriMo if you decide to participate! I love your plot idea. Sounds beautiful and bittersweet. Once again I'll have to skip it. November is just not a good month for that sort of thing.

    Sorry about the snow!

     
  • At 10/15/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Sounds like an interesting idea. I hope your muse lets you write it. And I hope November goes smoothly for you.

     
  • At 10/20/2006 02:07:00 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Sounds like a good story.

     
  • At 10/22/2006 05:32:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Snowing already, Sara? Your title sounds deathly romantic and immedately tragic. Commands a neo-classical feel!

    love

     
  • At 10/22/2006 01:38:00 PM, Blogger bookwormaddict said…

    Yeah a fellow NANOWRIMO girl:)
    I'm excited...almost one week to go... :)

     
  • At 10/22/2006 01:57:00 PM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    I hope that you do write this story, if not next month, maybe the following? It sounds interesting. I am curious to know why so many lives will be affected by their getting together.

     
  • At 10/23/2006 12:39:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hey everyone,
    thanks for leaving a comment and showing interest in my story idea.

    I plan to post some of my NaNoWriMo novel at my yahoo group and at least a few paragraphs here. So you should all be abl eto see what Nikolas and Simone is all about. The explanation of the plot in my post does not do the idea justice, believe me!

    Sara

     
  • At 10/25/2006 02:04:00 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    Looking for details as to how things are progresing. Might you drop a link for the writing group when you next write a comment for me? I'd appreciate it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home