ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Avon FanLit update 1

Well the Avon FanLit Project is well underway. On last Friday the winner of the first chapter was announced. Anyone who wanted to participate could submit a chapter and anyone who wanted could read these chapters, over 5oo chapters were submitted, and vote on them. The top ten made the final where another round of voting and the judges chose the winner. Now writing and submitting for Chapter two is underway.

Check it out if you are an aspiring romance writer-


http://avon.fanlit.com/home.htm

The chapters I enjoyed the most were the slighty different ones. Since I don't read Regencies I think I seeking something more than the typical set up to rate the story 5 stars. There were a few stories that piqued my interest. One where the hero was a vampire I found intriging. One where the heroine was a spy seemed like it could be fun to expand on. There was one that had a murder in it. I would have loved to write for that storyline since I do like suspense.

The chapter that won was a fun read though not my first choice.

If I can get into the story enough I may even submit a chapter. But I have to study up on the era because I am not going to do it if my facts are half assed.

Anyway, it's been fun to read the blog and follow the progress so far.

I hope all my writing friends are having a productive writing weekend. Things are still going well for me. Here is a prompt I used recently

My family was great at

If you feel like playing along add a few sentences of your own after the prompt and post your version in my comments section.

My off the top of my head paragragh was

My family was great at not seeing things. No, that's lie. We were damn geniuses at it. We didn't see father lying. We didn't see mother's mind decomposing. No one saw my sister shrinking away. 78 pounds the death certificate said. And no one saw a thing.



Song Lyrics of the Day

Now if we had the power
to bring our neighbors home from war

They would have never missed a Christmas
no more ribbons on their door

and when you trust your television
what you get is what you got
cause when they own the information,
oh they can bend it all they want

that's why we're waiting
waiting on the world to change!
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change!

it's not that we don't care, we just know that the fight ain't fair

John Mayer Lyrics

9 Comments:

  • At 9/24/2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    I'm sorry I'm lost on this one Sara but I will say good luck to you on all your writing endeavours and keep having fun with these projects that yo so enjoy.

    lots of love

     
  • At 9/24/2006 10:48:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hello Susan,

    That little paragraph isn't a story I am working on it was just a writing exercise to spark creatvity. I like to write a few lines off the top of my head to free up my creative flow.

    Hope all is well with you. Bye for now

     
  • At 9/25/2006 01:35:00 AM, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said…

    Love to all......

     
  • At 9/25/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Sara,

    What I meant was that I am lost with the Avon happenings as my own writing genres are different.

     
  • At 9/26/2006 12:23:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Oh me too, Susan. I do wish I was into Regencies because this is an amazing contest they are having. The grand prize is a chance to have your work looked at by editors and another prize is a devolpment deal with Fox Studios. It's really a huge opportunity.

     
  • At 9/26/2006 05:19:00 PM, Blogger crimsonflaw said…

    you shall have your wishes .. the fulfilment too shall be romantically yours.. thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments

     
  • At 9/27/2006 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Mistress Regina said…

    Opportunities come to us, small and large. The important thing is recognizing and pursuing that which is possible to assist in attaining one's goals. We should look at how we might work together...it appears the opportunities are endless.

     
  • At 9/27/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Very true, Mistress Regina. I just have to find the right opportunity for me and have the courage to take a chance on it.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Sara

     
  • At 10/01/2006 02:49:00 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    Stopped by to check in on you...see how your updating is coming. Perhaps you'll look in on me when you get a chance. Let me know when you update. Maybe...you'll find something of interest. A bit of inspiration perhaps; that would be optimal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home