ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

This writing day is really paying off. I have made excellent progress on my novel. It took hours to clear my head of the poetry that has been pouring from it for a week now. But I finally settled down enough to work on my fiction. After a few false starts I got into the groove. And did it feel good. I thrive off that energy that comes from writing something I think has potential. So far I have seven pages written today and, if all goes right, I am not done yet.

Song Lyrics of the Day
I know a girl
who was schooled in Manhattan
She reads dusty books
and learns phrases in Latin
She is an author,
or maybe a poet
A genius but it's just
this world
doesn't know it
She works on her novel
most every day
If you laugh she will say

Seize the day,
seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away
just like hourglass sand
Seize the day,
pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the day !

Carolyn Arends

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home