ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back on Track

During December I slacked off on working on my writing. Each year I let that month be reserved for holiday stresses and celebrations.

Now that a new year has begun I am planning to recommit myself to finishing Nikolas and Simone. Later this spring, I may even attempt a Personal NoWriMo. Because The thrill of working so fast and desperately opens up all my creative pathways.

Also this year I want to, for the first time, submit something to a publisher. I have not yet decided if I will focus on a short story or a poem. But I think it is appoarching the time when I enter that realm of trying to become published.

Anyone who has suggestions about publications to submit to, or stories about the first piece of yours that was ever published, can leave me a note in the comments section.

The support of the readers of this blog makes all the difference in the life of this aspiring writer.
I wish all of you luck in pursing your writing dreams in the coming year.

7 Comments:

  • At 1/04/2007 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Kagemusha said…

    I read your comment on Susan's blog... I often feel the same way. This writing issue is a tough one, you know... I doubt myself a million times but still try to do some work inbetween.

     
  • At 1/04/2007 01:31:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    I'm finally getting myself back on track too. I hadn't been writing at all. I did five pages yesterday and four the day before. I need to keep myself going. I made a list of goals/resolutions for the year too. Its so hard but I feel I need to crack down to get where I want to be.

    Good luck with your writing and goals!!!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Sara,
    You can find lots of info over the internet depending on your publishing needs.
    How exciting for you a personal NAMOWRIMO and then there's that delicious ...Simone title again.
    I wish you all the very best and hope it turns out to be a good writing/publishing year for all of us who are in this boat together.
    hugs

     
  • At 1/05/2007 03:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great luck to you. :) May this be a great year for all writers and their goals.

    Jaime @ FictionScribe

     
  • At 1/08/2007 02:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck getting "back in the swing of things." Set achievable goals (I need concrete ones, personally) and then work towards them, rewarding yourself when you reach a goal so it becomes an even bigger "deal."

    I can't suggest who to submit your work to since this year will be my first time submitting anything in this genre, too.

    Good luck to us all!
    ~Saoirse

     
  • At 1/08/2007 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Clockworkchris said…

    Sara
    You have been an awesome help since I met you and if there is anything I can do to help you out just let me know. I wish you all the luck in the world on finishing your book

     
  • At 1/11/2007 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Raven Starr said…

    Hi, Sara
    I am late but I am trying to get back on track too. I hope everything goes well for you. Thanks for coming to check out my page. Love ya for that.
    Raven

     

Post a Comment

<< Home