ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, November 09, 2007

Since, for reasons I still have not figured out, I thought it would be fun to do National Blog Posting month this year, you will find me here everyday this month with a new post.

I'm thrilled to see so many friends I know online doing NaNoWriMo this year. I always encourage any writer I know to give it a chance. I think it is amazingly empowering to be able to turn off your internal editor and write freely, without agonizing over each and every word during the first draft. Being desperate to reach that daily word count is a good thing!

I did not win NaNo on my first try in 2005, but I did in 2006. I now wonder if winning last year has made it so I don't feel the same intensity to win this year. I am still trying but not pushing as hard as I did last year.

Then again, I loved my story last year. Nikolas and Simone was very close to my heart. Intersection doesn't grab me in the same way.

Maybe this weekend I can go all out during my writing sessions and catch up. Stranger things have happened, right? Its not like my brain will explode if I write 10,000 words in a day....at least I wouldn't think so. Maybe I should google that and make sure.

Check out my favorite NaNo related post by me from last year:
How to survive NaNoWriMo

Song Lyrics of the Day



Don't know much about your life.
Don't know much about your world, but
Don't want to be alone tonight,
On this planet they call earth.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?


Celine Dion

4 Comments:

  • At 11/10/2007 11:44:00 AM, Blogger DBA Lehane said…

    For the past few months I've struggled to write/blog at all...so I respect anyone who will force themselves to write something, even when not in the mood. I've never tried this nonoonaonoonahneenai-whatever-is-thingy, and I won't have a chance this year as I am desperately trying to finish a novel for a competition which closes next Saturday. Eeek!

     
  • At 11/10/2007 11:47:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Good luck, DBA Lehane. I would not be surprised at all if you won that contest.

     
  • At 11/10/2007 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You keep up the good work darling.

     
  • At 11/16/2007 06:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep marching on. BTW, saw Celine sing that song on Oprah the other day (yep, I don't get to watch often, but Celine is amazing). Great choice of lyrics. :-)

    ~Saoirse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home