ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The flood gates are open

Poems just keep flowing out of me daily. They are coming at a faster rate than I even want, but I am not complaining!
A lyric off the car radio can start a chain reaction. I had to buy a little hard backed journal ( it is so adorable! Pink with the word explore written on it.) to write in while I am away from home.
I have pulled together all my old poems, about 50, to put in a album to share with my family. But I have a good start going on a second album already. The first collection will cover 1991-2006. The second I was hoping to have cover about 4-5 years. But at the rate the poems are coming I will reach 50 by the end of summer.
That is not a bad thing but I wonder how many poems my friends and family are willing to wade through.
And I hate writing just for myself. It can be a great way to learn and improve, writing something no one else can judge.
But if I hate what I wrote I want it destroyed and if I love what I wrote I want it shared.
Still I will not try and shut off the flow of poems. Whenever I create anything I consider good it gives me such a high! If I create something I hate it has the opposite effect, it causes me to feel depressed and wonder about my writing ability.
I was in that low place from Dec. 2005- May 13, 2006, as far as my writing was concerned. Now I am flying high again!

4 Comments:

  • At 5/23/2006 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Congrats!! I'm so glad you are writing so much!

     
  • At 5/23/2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Wonderful, RW. I know just how you feel. Your sensitivity is attuned at the moment to this field of imaginatin that inspiration waits in every corner. And I think your confidence and focus with your writings, supplements this time of your life very well. The notebook is so important isn't. I lost lines because I wasn't ready sometimes. You think you'll remember it all but for me, if I don't catch the words, I lose the essence. Happy Writing, RW. Enjoy the moment.

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:15:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Susan,
    Yes, without my notebook the words just float away and by the time I get home again they are lost forever. I am finding great comfort in pouring my feelings onto the page. It allows me to express otherwise concelaled emotions.

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Kelley,
    Thank you. It is nice of you to offer your support.
    bye for now,
    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home