ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, May 26, 2006

She Writes Poetry

I have organised all the poems
that will go in my first album,
a collection to be shared with friends and famiy.
Hopefully it will be saved by someone who loves
me even after I am gone and will be
shared with future generations.
I, also, have about 15 poems towards
my second album. On Wednesday I wrote
two new poems. One is called A Broken Girl
and the other is Little Sin. A Broken Girl was inspired
by a song on American Idol. I heard the word banish
during one of the songs on the show
( I think it was when Meatloaf sang).
And that made me think of the line

banished to the
blackest corner of her mind.

The poem grew from there
to describe a girl who is hurt by a man
and then abandoned.

Little Sin was inspired when I was working
on another poem and trying to figure out
the last line for it. I thought of making it

she lies, it's just a little sin.

But then I decided to make the last
line something else. Still the idea stuck
and I immedaitely started a new poem with

It's just a little sin
bury it beneath
blankets and blankets of snow
that blows wild
and piles high
in wintertime
in Chicago.............


That poem has three more stanzas.
Anyway I thought I would share some
of the ways my creative process works.

This blog won't be updated again until
after the Memorial Day holiday. I hope everyone
has a great weekend! And to all you writers out there,
here's hoping you find some time for at least one
productive writing session.

Song Lyrics of the Day
For a moment wasn't I a king?
But if I'd only known
how the king would fall
Hey, who's to say, you know,
I might have chanced it all!
And now
I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
but I'd of hadto miss
the dance .
Yes, my life is
better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
but I'd of had to miss
the dance

Garth Brooks

5 Comments:

  • At 5/26/2006 04:10:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Broken Girl and Little Sin sound like very powerful poems. Keep up all your writing. I'm glad your creative juices are flowing so well for you right now.

     
  • At 5/28/2006 04:52:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi RW, you have such an inate passionate love for poetry...I wish I could love my poems in the same way. I do but mostly, it's like.. "OK run along and play but make sure you get back before dinner that kind of thing." A very easygoing approach. If I had had an industrious attitude as you, I would have had more poems published. love.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 11:54:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hello Kelley and Susan!

     
  • At 5/30/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi again RW, you're absolutely spot-on about the word 'banish'. On reading what you've written, I think it works very well and your idea to use it in the way you did was innovative. with love

     
  • At 5/30/2006 09:25:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Thank you for the compliment, Susan. After thinking about it I was able to remember the line from the meatloaf song that inspired that poem. The line was

    and I banished
    every memory
    you and I
    had ever made.

    That made me think of where that memory was banished to. For me it that would mean putting it in a dark corner where it exists but I can pretend it doesn't. That is what I tried to convey in that line. I am glad that you liked it. It means so much coming from an already published poet.
    Bye for now,
    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home