ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Monday, November 20, 2006

Home stretch

Well I am entering the homestretch of NaNoWriMo and panic is setting in. I need nearly 20,000 more words. Three days this week I will be doing the family thing for the holidays. But I want to finish this time! To cross the 50,000 word goal line. So in the moments I can spare I will be stealing away into corners to write, write, write.

Each year I do NaNoWriMo I learn more about myself as a writer. It forces me to buckle down and figure out how to keep my novel going in the moment. I can’t waste months, like I usually do, mulling it over.

At the end of Week Two I finally indulged in the NaNoWriMo forums. What a paradise on the net for me. I feed off all the energy of other writers musing on the craft. But the more I play on there the less time there is to actually write my novel.

Overall I am happy with what I have written. But it is time for me to buckle down and get serious about meeting my November 30th deadline.

One off shoot of procrastinating on my NaNoWriMo novel is that I was thinking about my other story more, the one with an aspiring writer who is at a writer’s conference. And I figured out, I think, how to fix that novel. I like the beginning but the tale stalls at one point. I think it needs another POV character, not just the one I have now. It is to limiting to writer the whole novel from only his POV.

Song Lyrics of the Day

Now I'm stuck inside
a memory


You forgot about our
destiny

You buried me,
didn't you ?

Didn't you
love me faster than the devil?

Run me
straight into the ground?

Drowning
deep inside your water.

Drowning
deep inside your sound.


O.A.R. lyrics

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home