ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Skinny Bones

My NaNoWriMo novel has a beginning, middle and end but the scenes are anorexic, they all need fattening up.

Some characters have complex emotions and full backgrounds, like Simone, but others, like her fiancee Thomas, are still two demensional. He walks in, says his lines, feels nothing most of the time, and exits left. LOL.

So I need to overhaul him, make him real and not just a stooge in the Nikolas and Simone love story.

I introduce all the ideas I want to incorporate ( infertility, obligations, sacrifice, religion) but have not expanded on them to the level I feel I need to yet.

Hopefully once I do all that I can turn my 50,000 words into 90,000 and then I will be ready to start draft two.

Last years NaNo novel I did not touch after November 30th. The story had no hope of making it to a publisher's desk but I'm not through with Nikolas and Simone yet. For now, we are in this together, me and them, trudging along and creating a world, a love, a long awaited dream come to life, one page at a time.


Song Lyrics of the Day

let mercy fall me...

take me as You find me

all my fears and failures

fill my life again....

shine your light and

let the whole world see!

we're singing

for the glory

of the risen King

Lines from He is Mighty to Save by HillSong

4 Comments:

  • At 12/07/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Master swaV said…

    i think ull be able to do it and i wish u best of luck ;)

     
  • At 12/08/2006 01:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm currently reading Stephen King's excellent writing memoir "On Writing" (which I would recommed to any aspiring writer). In it he states that the first draft is where we tell ourselves, the writer, the story. The second draft is where you open the door and redraft for all the other possible readers. This, I think, is an excellent bit of advice. The only place he maybe contradicts what you are planning, is that he strongly believes a second draft should be shorter than a first draft. But then again, he isn't stating that having just done Nano, is he?! :) Best of luck with it though!

     
  • At 12/12/2006 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Do expand on your your novel manuscript, Sara.
    Who knows...
    You could well have it published by the time the next NaMoWriMo comes along.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    You, my friend, have been tagged! It's my first meme. 8-) 'Tis The Season

     

Post a Comment

<< Home