ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I have a favorite blog. I have gushed in the past about Fiction Scribe.

This post is inspired by one I saw there.

Thirteen First Sentences to Start Your NaNo

13. I knew I shouldn't have married a werewolf.
12. It was the most awesomest of times, it was the most baddest of times.
11. This is a story about a story within a story about a story I once heard.
10. Chickens need love too.
9. In a galaxy far, far away....
8. You will not like this novel but read it anyway.
7. He loved licking toes- the smellier the better.
6. It was not easy to kill the gaint blob living in the sewers in New York City but somebody had to do it.
5. I need to pee.
4. The butler did it and now I will tell you how.
3. This is a memoir about the time I was abducted by aliens.
2. "The first thing you need to understand, Officer, is that this all started when I decided to try and write a 50,000 word novel in a month."

and the number one way to start your nanowrimo novel is....

1. He was a wizard named Scary Trotter.


* Use these suggestions at your own peril.

3 Comments:

  • At 11/06/2007 01:28:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I definitely needed that!!!!!
    Number 2 really works for me some days...
    I am starting from scratch now, so word ) currently, but i'll get there.

     
  • At 11/06/2007 04:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha. Nice ones. :)

     
  • At 11/07/2007 07:27:00 AM, Blogger Jon M said…

    Number 7 made me shudder! Just saying hello having done the three things other than blogging meme. Hello love the site, I'll be back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home