ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

NaNo is kicking my butt. This year is taking my sanity away bit by bit. The truly ironic thing is that last year at this time I have never written 50,000 words on any one story before but now I have, several times over.

In November 2006, I didn't know I could reach 50,000 words. This year I know I can and yet I am stymied at every turn.

Over this last year I really got into writing fanfiction and I wonder if that is the crux of my problem. Maybe I am so used to writing within another writer's universe that I can no longer create my own.

I keep thinking that I am going to hit my stride and start cranking out word after word but it has not happened yet.

Don't think I am giving up though. It's not November 30th yet. I hate math but I have run the numbers and I think I could still make it to 50,000 words by the end of this month.

Or go crazy trying.


NaNaWriMo Participant for the third year
NaBloPoMo Participant for the first year

1 Comments:

  • At 11/07/2007 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You can't give up, you are my inspiration....I plan to start pounding out my new beginning today.
    New direction all together.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home