ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Secret

Shhh, keep this quiet, just between you and me,ok? In my offline life no one knows I have a blog. I told the other writers in the yahoo group, the two people who joined my MSN group, and my critique partner but I have no clue if they have stopped by. Even though I rarely mention anything other than my writing I feel like I am more free to write honestly if my offline friends and family are not reading this. Any of you other bloggers blogging away in secret?
What I am reading- Goodbye Steve McQueen
The main character in this novel is very much like J.S. , the heroine from Pisces Rising, boyfriend. They are both rockers/slacker types but Steve McQueen is likable while J.S.'s guy could compete for the title of Worst Boyfriend to Ever be in a Chick Lit Novel. Yes, he is that bad. I have thought about adding a scene where I try to make him more likable so that the readers won't be saying "WTF, she deserves what he does to her if she is going to be with that loser!" but every time I write a scene with him he speaks up and all I hear is his grouchy, selfish me me me whine.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/11/2005 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I know exactly what you mean. I've paused and backed up to take certain things out of my blog because my husband nows I blog. And I don't want him to stumble across it.

     
  • At 8/11/2005 04:32:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    That is how I would feel,too, if my family kknew about my blog.Other people use the computer I use so they may have noticed my blog in the history listings. I sure hope not because it makes me feel too exposed to have my family reading my musings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home