ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, March 24, 2006

Over and Over Again

Despite my hope that my latest project would be the "one", the project that becomes my first finished novel, I am not making much progress. If the story does not come easy to me in the beginning it only gets harder as I try to force myself to continue. The only projects I have made any headway on are ones where the first third of the novel flows quickly out of me. Then I struggle with the middle.
I suppose I will be starting over on a new project. I know that all these starts and stops keep me from ever getting to the words THE END but the way I look at it is it is all part of the process.

Song Lyrics of the Day

It's a pity, it's a downright crime
It happens all the time
You wanna stay little daddy's girl
You wanna hide from the viscous world...
Outside
Don't cry,
you know the tears will do no good
So dry your eyes
Your daddy, he's the iron man
Battle ship wrecked on dry land
Your mamma, she's a bitter bride
She'll never be satisfied
You know, and that's not right
But don't cry
You know the tears will do no good
So dry your eyes
They told you life is hard
Misery from the start,
it's dul,i it's slow, it's painful
But I tell you life is sweet
In spite of the misery
There's so much more, be grateful
Well, who do you believe?

Natalie Merchent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home