ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, June 02, 2006

A Home for All

My heart still hurts after watching that special on foster children last night. I don't have answers for what might be done to help the sitution. But I know if more people work together there is an answer to be found.
I pray that one day every lonely child can find a good, moral and able adult to provide them with a place to call home, a place to belong to someone.
There are a few things on my list of dreams I hope to accomplish one day. The list is simple and could be counted using one hand. It has always included children and, in a vague way, the hope that I would be blessed enough to open my home to foster( available for adoption) children. This fantasy is always for a sibling group because I strongly favor keeping families together.
But will I ever be in the position to do this? I don't know. After watching that program last night I feel like anyone who has ever entertained the idea of fostering/adopting owes it to themselves, the children in the system, and the world to look into it.
There are no quick fix answers to this problem but these children are all of our children and they can not be abandoned. We are only as strong as the weakest among us.

Some interesting blogs to read on this subject-

http://mylostdecade.blogspot.com/

http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/


Song Lyrics of the Day

There's a love that's divine
And it's yours
and it's mine
And it shines
like the sun
At the end of the day
We will give thanks and pray
To the one
Have I told you lately
that I love you?
Have I told you
there's no one above you?
Fill my heart with gladness,
Take away my sadness,
Ease my troubles
That's what you do!

Rod Stewart



3 Comments:

  • At 6/03/2006 02:23:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Sara, it looks like your spirit has been prompted to this call but you're not sure just how to go about things yet. You have this vision to hold on to now to make all your writing dreams come true. And babies too...beautiful
    beautiful babies.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    You are so sweet!
    I admit I have been struggling with the idea of what kind of novels I want to write vs. what kind of novels I can write.
    I haven't found the perfect combination yet. I waffle between genres and writing styles.
    But I would be proud to say I wrote a novel that explores the pain, heartbreak and redemption of
    children in the foster care system.
    We shall see if that happens or of if another story idea becomes the subject of the first novel I ever finish.

     
  • At 6/04/2006 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    I think you could write a deep novel, Sara; literary (romance but with hard issues). For me personally, I'm sure you'd be clever at this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home