ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fighting back the negative thoughts

I stare at a page in my latest WIP, the one about the writer's conference. I am only a few chapters in and I am already hitting the rough spot in this would-be novel. It is threatening to become another one of the many I start and don't finish. But I love this idea too much to walk away now.

The other stories were affiars. This is a marriage. This is the one I really want to take all the way. Still it will be written in its own time. I can not force it.

So the negative thoughts begin

"Why is writing so hard?" the inner suffering writer whines.

"Because it is," says my logical side.

"Why does it feel like I'll never finish my first novel?"

"You'll finish one when you finish one."

The inner suffering writer moans. "This is painful."

"Yes, but you love it."

Oh yeah, I do. Guess I better get back to it and bleed out a few more words toward THE END.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/07/2006 03:37:00 PM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Sara; I know the kind of place you're in, and it gets very hard, but you can get through it. I'm really looking forward to reading your novel when it's finished.

    We've all been there; I wish I could offer you more encouragement, but aside from promising it is possible to "break through", I can't. It's a struggle we each have to endure on our own. Of course, as you noted in your post, the agony is more than repaid by the ecstacy.

     
  • At 9/08/2006 02:05:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    How beautifully you put it, Sara. The writer's wrestling with his/her words as one of affairs and marriages.
    In this case, I bet yours will last all the way to the last page of pearls and diamonds.
    love as always

     
  • At 9/08/2006 07:29:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your words could've come from my head. I'm at the same place in my novel. Also a romance, leaning toward paranormal. I'm really torn right now between continuing to write or stopping mid-write to put together an outline.

    Keep plugging away. And I'll do the same.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home