ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Nine Eleven

This blog usually exclusively discusses my creative writing pursuits. But I would like to take one post and dedicate it to something else.

September, 11 2006 will mark the five year anniversary of the terrorist attack on America.

That day was an earth shifting focus rearranging moment for me. The shape of the world around me and my viewpoint on it was forever changed. But nothing I felt or feel to this day is unique to me. It's a feeling that runs through millions of hearts.
I don't even feel worthy to write about such a momentous event.


Beyond the national and global ramifications of that day was the individual

earthquakes felt in all the lives of anyone who knew someone lost. And that is where the heart of the story lays, with the families and friends who waited for someone to come home who never made it back.

I have no doubt that each person lost was someone's whole world. So to all those who left us that day I wanted to use my little piece of the net to say


I still remember your sacrifice.

Nine Eleven

An echo lingers in this land
and in every heart.

A screaming, bleeding oneness that
made us all a part of
each other,
countymen turned to sisters,
found brothers.


And down to the last
of us
left
we vow to never forget.

Every moment stained in time .

Every loss one
on our minds,
still.


And this knowlegde of who they were
we shall carry forever.


We shall remember.
we shall remember.


Song Lyrics of the Day


Free

Only want to be free

We huddle close, hang on to a dream...


In the eye of the storm
In the eye of the storm

Home,
to a new and a shiny place


Make our bed, and we'll say our grace

Freedom's light burning warm
Freedom's light burning warm

Some lines from the song America by Neil Daimond


4 Comments:

  • At 9/10/2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Dearest Sara,
    Thank you for this and I'll humbly share in the tribute with you.
    There's another old beautiful song called 'America' & sung by Simon & Garfunkel.
    Thank you also for reaching out to me yesterday on my blog.

     
  • At 9/11/2006 12:18:00 AM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Thanks, Sara.

     
  • At 9/15/2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger crimsonflaw said…

    Dear Romance Writer
    thank you for reading the vampire and leaving the comment.

    911 is such a vast topic but the hurt and suffering thereof is seldom addressed in an adequate manner. America as I know it belongs to its poets and thinkers and is therefore all about love. May its meaning never be tainted by the world or what has become of it.

    crimsonFLAW

     
  • At 9/20/2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Thank you Susan, Ray, and CrimsonFlaw for the supportive comments.

    Big hugs,
    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home