ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wandering Author

My friend and fellow writer has written an amazingly heartfelt post about the serious subject of International Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Read it here


http://the-wandering-author.blogspot.com/2007/01/never-again.html#links


This subject is especially close to my heart today because at my church we spent the service praying for Israel. All people should be able to live in peace and safety, and I will continue to pray that one day that will come to be.



Word Count Journal

A member of my writing group let me know about an exciting new blogging format. Read about it here

http://wordcountjournal.com/about

The idea is to write one word on the first day of the year, two on the second, and so on, then write 365 on the 365th day of the year.

I started a novel to post in that format. It is just a lark for me but so far it's been fun.

The name of my new novel and the blog is Crazy as She Goes.

The premise of that novel will be

Four people hook up on Craigslist and agree to share expenses during a trip from Chicago to LA on Route 66.


Nikolas and Simone remains my first priority. What is your top writing project these days?

8 Comments:

  • At 1/11/2007 01:48:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    That sounds fun.

    My first writing priority is GLWL. I'm still trying to motivate myself to finish.

     
  • At 1/12/2007 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Wow, Sara! And yet another blog.
    Will check it out.
    love as always

     
  • At 1/13/2007 09:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Neat stuff!

    My top priority in writing is currently my romance: "Hollow Hearts and Hollow Hills." It's based on an old Scottish ballad involving everything from premarital sex to kidnapping to the dangerous Queen of the Faeries...Gotta' love those Scots!

    Trying to get it ready for submission means many sleepless nights and much gnashing of teeth as I revisit certain troublesome scenes and push into areas I've summarized but not written.

    Stop by the blog if you like, Sara was kind enough to link to it! *blush*

    I truly enjoy the writing process--Hope you all do, too!
    ~Saoirse

     
  • At 1/19/2007 04:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, so the Word Count Journal is VERY addictive...grrr!

    But it IS making me write more, so I guess a grudging thank you is in order ;-)

    :o)
    ~Saoirse

     
  • At 1/19/2007 08:16:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    ( smile) Hey saoirse,
    Glad to hear you like word count journal. The best thing about it, imo, is it makes writing nearly 70,000 words seem less intimidating than it otherwise would be.

     
  • At 1/21/2007 02:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering if you could change the link to my blog on your site. My blog can now be found at

    http://awriters-blog.blogspot.com/

    Thank you so much!

    A. Writer.

    P.S. Claudia's World has been cancelled. I've only got the one fic-blog now http://thenewyearsresolution.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1/27/2007 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    Hey! How are you doing tonight? I'm playing Blog Shares; seeing what I can do about pumping up your stock. 8-)

    You wouldn't believe it, earlier today I was escaping work and playing a bit...I happened upon a blog in Australia where you have a link exchange!! Brings light to that six degrees of separation, eh.

    I've had an idea for a blog where people could be invited to join. The premise would be simply, "A dinner party". People come - writers - and interact - writing their post and going. I always thought it could be an interesting experiment. One you would have to have someone to start off with.

    You always seem to be up for a writing challenge. What do you think?

    By the way, have you ever checked out the writing group listed in my sidebar? Sounds like you're on that track on a number of ways.

    I'll look forward to hearing from you. I'm having a blog carnival coming up. Will be posting on that tomorrow.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 1/29/2007 10:32:00 PM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Sara, thanks for posting the link. I hope you're getting some work done on Nicholas and Simone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home