ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Monday, May 21, 2007

The Eight Things Meme

I’ve been tagged. Canterbury Soul asked me share 8 random facts of myself.

Here are the rules for the meme:


1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their 8 things and post these rules.

3. At the end choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.

I decided to do all mine about my tastes in music.

1. My favorite type of songs are the ones that are filled with a certain amount of sadness and ache in the lyrics. My favorite is Feels Like Home to Me by Chantal Krevizuk. Some of the lyrics are

If you knew how lonely my life has been
And how long I've been so alone
And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along
And change my life the way you've done


2. Until I graduated high school I hated country music. I headed off to college in a rural town and found not much but that on the radio. I fell in love with the story song. Garth Brooks is now on the top of my list for artists who just can't have a bad song ( forget the little Chris Gaines episode.) Favorite song by Mr. Garth Brooks is The Dance.

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say?

You know I might have chanced it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance


3.The first song I ever got hooked on was by GrandMaster Flash and is called The Message.

Don't push me, cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to loose my head
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under?


4.The first record I owned was, I think, the soundtrack from the musical Annie. I love musicals till this day just as much as I did at seven years old. My favorite one is A Chorus Line. Favorite song from that one is What I did for Love.

Kiss today goodbye,
The sweetness and the sorrow.

Wish me luck, the same to you.

But I can't regret
What I did for love, what I did for love.

Look my eyes are dry.
The gift was ours to borrow.

It's as if we always knew.

And I won't forget what I did for love,
what I did for love.



5. Another song that touches my heart is Desperado by The Eagles. I think some fnd it cheesy but this section cuts me deep

You better let somebody love you ( let somebody love you)
You better let somebody love you.....before its too late.


6. The latest song I keep playing over and over is Rock Star by Nickelback.

'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
and live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars.

The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap.
We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat.

And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
in the VIP with the movie stars.

Every good gold digger's
gonna wind up there,
every Playboy bunny
with her bleach blond hair.

And we'll hide out in the private rooms
with the latest dictionary and
today's who's who.

They'll get you anything
with that evil smile.

Everybody's got a drug dealer on speed dial.

Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar
Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar


7. My mother used to sing this to me as a baby, by Debbie Boone.

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
and fill my nights with song




8. The groups I love most are Matchbox Twenty, Goo Goo Dolls, and Counting Crows. One song that I could listen to, and have, over and over is Round Here by Counting Crows

Mama's little baby better get herself in
out of the lightning

She says "It's only in my head."
She says "Shhh, I know it's only in my head."

But the girl in car in the parking lot says
"Man you should try to take a shot.
Can't you see my walls are crumbling?"

Then she looks up at the building
and says she's thinking of jumping.

She says she's tired of life.
She must be tired of something

Round here.



I am not tagging people, cause I don't like to. If you want to do this meme go ahead, and if mine inspired you, drop me a note.

Sara

4 Comments:

  • At 5/22/2007 07:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have quite a wide range of music interests. though i'm not familiar with many names you've mentioned here, the lyrics you've shared are all well-written. thanks for sharing! :)

     
  • At 5/23/2007 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Clockworkchris said…

    I like the range as well. #8 caught me. I have those lyrics memorized and have for years. I saw them in concert last fall. They still sound the same-it was nice. I hear that Nickelback song way too much!

     
  • At 6/04/2007 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said…

    My daughter likes Rock Star so much, I had to go out and buy the album for her. She's four.

    I like how you focused this on music; when I got tagged with it, I let one of my fictional characters write about his mom and it became a Mother's Day tribute.

     
  • At 6/11/2007 09:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know you don't tag people, Sara. In that spirit, I'm tagging myself. Eh, lots to do tomorrow, but tonight...

    ~Saoirse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home