ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Time Marches On

In four days this blog will be two years old. I thought of doing a post on that day but with my scattered mind there is a good chance I would blank on it and forget until the day had passed by.

Having this little spot on the net to claim as my own is the first time the fact that I am a writer went from being something only my friends and family heard about to something that was real to the world. Anyone could stumble here and see who I am. That amazes me. It motivates me. It makes my path as a writer seem like it is being laid brick by brick and is not just an undiscovered trail through the woods.

Everyone who comments here keeps me going. You have done me a great kindness to remember to check in on me from time to time. Alone I could never be as strong as I am with you pushing me along.

I am inspired daily by the work I read on other writer's blog. I am not a jealous person when it comes to most things but I love being jealous of what another writer has written. When I think "Damn, I wish I wrote that!" that is the biggest compliment I could give.

So keep writing and going for you dreams, my writing friends. And here I shall be, too, going for mine.

Sara

P.S.

A new poem

Cell Memory

7 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2007 12:39:00 AM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Sara, it took true talent to take such an awful reality and turn it into a wonderful poem.

     
  • At 2/23/2007 07:08:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    I've enjoyed coming here Sara but may not have time these days to go into links. Good luck. :-)

     
  • At 2/23/2007 08:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats to you!

     
  • At 2/25/2007 08:03:00 AM, Blogger AQUARIUSSAL said…

    Hey, it's four days already!!

    Congratulations & Happy 2nd Blog Birthday, Sara! Keep on writing & inspiring us! :)

    Hugs,

    Sal

     
  • At 2/25/2007 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Rose Red Art said…

    Keep up with the writing Sara!

     
  • At 2/26/2007 09:37:00 PM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Sara, Happy Blog Birthday! May you go on writing for many more years.

     
  • At 2/28/2007 07:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated 2nd b-day to your blog! That shows commitment to your desired craft--good job.

    I also understand how having people check in on you can keep you going--expectations can make such a difference in our lives and self-perception.

    So, in case you were wondering... 1.) I expect to see you continue with this blog as long as it keeps helping you write, 2.)I expect you to keep working on Nicholas and Simone's story and send it out, 3.) I expect I'll be getting to your writing group because sometimes I just need a swift kick in the butt to keep going.

    "Competition--it's good for the soul!"

    Have a great day!
    ~Saoirse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home