ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, December 15, 2007

This is the time of year when I always seem to suffer a writer's drought. It takes me well into the new year to get back on track. I don't try to fight it though because with all the stress of the holidays I can't add another thing to worry about.

NaNo really didn't work at for me this year and that National Blog Posting Month thing I tried- yeah, that was so not for me! As you probably noticed, I ran out of things to blog about halfway through the month.

Anyway, hope you all are writing more than me.

All my writing friends, you can join this blogroll


Author Blogs

Song Lyrics of the Day


I'm so hard to handle;
I'm selfish and I'm sad.

Now I've gone and lost the best baby that I ever had.


Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on.
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly.
Oh I wish I had

a river.

I made my baby say goodbye.

It's coming on Christmas.
They're cutting down trees .
They're putting up reindeer
and singing songs of joy and peace.


I wish I had a river I could skate away on.

Sarah Mclachlan lyrics

5 Comments:

  • At 12/16/2007 05:42:00 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    You're right not to fight it. Just relax and enjoy the holidays. I'm sure you will be feeling more creative in the New Year.

    Take care.

     
  • At 12/17/2007 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    When you need something to write about c'mon over to The Gonzo Papers. There should be something to provide inspiration.

    8-)

     
  • At 12/21/2007 08:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice to see you posted again after the pause there ... I was getting concerned!

    My off-season is summer. My writing either slows way down or, usually, I don't even write at all. This can go on for a month or two easily. In the autumn it always picks up again. With a week or two off here or there, I get into a writing frenzy that lasts for months, until the following the summer.

    A little down-time is not a bad thing. It lets us recharge our batteries, and go out and live a little, to remind us of the world we are writing about, because when in writing mode, it seems all we do is write. At least for me.

    Definitely don't worry about it. Knowing your own rhythm just means you can work with your own rhythm and know when to push and when to hold tight. Like that Gambler song by Kenny Rogers....

    Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    And best wishes for your continued progress and success when you return in January!

    Adrian

     
  • At 12/24/2007 12:29:00 PM, Blogger DBA Lehane said…

    It's funny how times of year do have an effect on writing. Personally I find November through to February the time I am most driven with my writing.

    Either way, have a good Christmas and I hope 2008 brings you many deserved rewards for your endeavours.

     
  • At 12/28/2007 02:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know the feeling--December's a hard month to get much of anything done. As for NaNoWriMo, I wish they'd move it to January. It's a longer month (okay, by one day, but still...), the holidays are over, we're forced indoors because of the winter weather, and so many people have made resolutions to write a book that year. What better time?

    Oh, and I love that song, too. I hadn't thought of it as a Christmas song, but I guess it kind of is. I have the Joni Mitchell version on CD, too, and that's a good one as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home