ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Monday, June 26, 2006

Andre is alive!

I have been posting on this blog about Andre's Story since last November. A few times I have mentioned that a certain story idea( about a man who just got out of prison and must reconnect with his family) was calling to me.

This link is to other posts that talk about Andre's Story.

http://search.blogger.com/?as_q=andre&ie=UTF-8&ui=blg&bl_url=aspiringromancewriters.blogspot.com


But before now I could not find a way into the story. I know the characters. I know how the novel will be set up and some of the struggles they will face. I know Andre's deep desire of need for forgiveness for leaving his family and his hope that he can find a way back into their lives and the world. But I did not know what the first words of the novel should be. I kept thinking it would start with Andre in prison, behind the bars, and the gaurd walks up to let him out. But I could not write that scene.
So Andre remained only in my mind.

Well yesterday, as I typed away trying to fit a writing session in before church, Andre sprung from my head to the page. I am thrilled to hear him speak and know he is on his way now.

Will I continue actively working on his story? I don't know. I long to go from the "waiting for the muse" writer to the " can writer anytime, anyplace" writer but I am not there right now.


P.S. You might wonder why this blog is called Aspiring Romance Writer and my screen name is RomanceWriter when I am not writing a romance novel. If you read the first few posts from this blog you will see that back then I was working on a novel called Come Back to Me, a romantic suspense tale targeted for Harlequin Intrigue.




6 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2006 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi SMP,
    I like your title of Aspiring Romance Writer.
    I am not at all familiar with Andre's Story but one thing I do know about you, is how passionately and dearly you love your plots. And it is the fire in your spirit that keeps them alive.
    You sound so enthusiastic at the moment about your writing, that I wish you every success and to a book being published soon.
    hugs as always,

     
  • At 6/27/2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Susan,
    Thank you for the luck sent my way. The same from me to you.
    I really am in a great place with my writing. I had a very low period from December to March, as far as creating, but now that is all behind me. And I am thrilled!
    See you at the group or your blog.
    Bye for noe
    SMP

     
  • At 6/29/2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    Loving your idea for Andre!! I'm so glad you found a way to start getting his story onto papter.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 03:26:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Kelley,
    thank you for the words of support.
    Andre's story is a hard one to wrestle from my mind to the page but I am starting to win the battle.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 08:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling when your characters come to life? I hope he doesn't shut up for a good long while. :-)

     
  • At 6/29/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Caryn,
    ya I hope he keeps blabbering away. I sure need all thehelp I can get with this story idea. This is the most complicated one I have ever attempted. I think I will be working on it for years. I will also persue my other ideas at the same time. Because of the many characters and the flashbacks i have planned Andre's story will be quite involved.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message.
    Bye for now,
    SMP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home