ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Sunday, June 04, 2006

To share is to savor even more

I can already tell that my explosive
period of poetic inspiration is coming
to an end. Instead of 5-7 poems a day
I am down to 1 poem every few days.
But that is fine with me. I know me
and know that these burst come
randomly and consume me when
they do. But, in time, they taper out
and I return to a more normal schedule of writing.

I wrote a poem last night I thought

I would share with anyone who reads my blog.


June 3rd, 2006
A Mission for the Girl

This girl,
who never
set the world on fire
flashing
downcast eyes
and weary smiles,
now aims her
full force field
of internal
energy
toward bringing to life
the dream that resides
in a
well of desire
she only
recently tapped.


She's finding foot holes on a
inner
mountain of courage that
rises out of her depths.


Though others
would have
never
guessed
she had this in her.


But, as for the girl,
she always knew.

Now her plan
is to grab and
claw
and scratch
at the
world,
grasp at the world
and
grip it with
both hands,
shake it up
till
it shakes out
all that she is owed
for the time she sowed
being such a
good girl.


All she wants is
everything
and everything is all
she
knows
she is due.




5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home