ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Brand New Aspiring Writers

If anyone stumbles along this blog who is just starting out on their own personal writing journey I hope you read this entry.

Writing for me has been like chipping a face into the side of a mountain. The only problem is that I don't know what the face will end up looking like when I am done. Yet the daily chipping away that was once painful, but neccesary for me all the same, has now become soothing as I learn a little more every day how to mold this art to my whim.

This is all to say, "Do not give up before you start to see the payoff."

I wrote weekly entries on this blog for months and no one knew I was here. I was screaming into the dark. I started a MSN Group for Aspiring Writers that three other people joined. Three. And I was responsible for 90 percent of the posts there. I would laugh now if it didn't frustrate me so much at the time.

But now I have online writing friends and a thriving Yahoo writers group. But the best part so far has been I am starting to control my writing and to see the inner workings of this mystical art form.

So if you are just starting out write, write, write and reach out for help. Who knows? Maybe in a few years you will have own own face on the side of the mountain and what all this struggle was for will be revealed in what you have created.

And if you are a brand new aspiring writer make sure you check out, and consider joining, my yahoo group. The link is in the sidebar. All new writers who are friendly are welcome.





Song Lyrics

When you think happiness,
I hope you think: That little black dress,

think of my head on your chest,
and my old
faded blue jeans.

When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me.

oh, think of me.

You said the way my blue eyes shined
put those Georgia stars to shame
that night.

I said, "That's a lie."

Taylor Swift

4 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2006 07:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great to see you persevered. :)

    Thanks for your visit to The Clarity of Night!

     
  • At 10/25/2006 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said…

    chip
    chip
    chip
    chip
    chip
    ...day by day that's what it takes. In terms of writing and most everything else.

    Congratulations on your success with the writing group. There are a couple links in my list that I think would be productive for you to connect.

    I greatly appreciate your support of The Gonzo Papers. I'm always pleased to visit you.

     
  • At 10/26/2006 06:06:00 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Dearest Sara,
    My time for a self-mastery finally arrived as my best friend, to accompany my writing craft but only after much darkness and pain.
    But you sound so tranquil. Enjoy the climb &
    love as always

     
  • At 10/28/2006 02:10:00 PM, Blogger bookwormaddict said…

    Hey!
    I see I found another Taylor Swift fan:) Have you bought the CD yet? I got a early order one that's signed. It's such a great CD. She's such an amazing person! So you're going to participate in NANOWRIMO? Do you have your topic yet? My screen name on there is bookwormaddict!
    Write back soon... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home