ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Day Before

I am using my last day before NaNoWriMo kicks off to do line by line editing of Come Back to Me. It is the first short story I ever finished, a 10, 000 word romantic suspense tale.

Come Back To Me Blurb

Alexa Evans had walked out of five lives so far. Whenever The Hunter got too close she fled from whatever small town or big city she was hiding in and changed her hair, her eye color, and even her name.

She settled in Chicago and became Allie Cook. Months passed and she started to feel safe. So safe she took the biggest risk of her life and, ignoring the stalker that had nipped at her heels for years, she fell in love with Spencer Roark.

But The Hunter always comes back for more. And when he did she lost her love, her identity and her memory.

Now she must run for her life one last time and this round the stakes are higher than ever before because Spencer is right by her side, in love and in danger, with The Hunter closing in.

Months have passed since I finished this story so I hope my fresh eyes will be able to make the prose a little tighter. I am trying to cut out every word that is not necessary. Already I have completed my edits on the Prologue and most of Chapter One.

Then tomorrow starts my journey to write 50,000 words in a month. It seems insane. Yet It was quite a rush last year, the scribbling away scratching out words that to this day no one else has seen. The story I wrote, Tripping Over Myself, is gritty. The main character, Jasper Patterson, is a pot smoking teenage boy on the verge of manhood who moves out of his mother's home and tries to make something of himself despite his tendency to sabotage his own life. And there is a love triangle in it. He meets a young girl who comes from an abusive home and falls for her. While an old friend of his is pining for Jasper to notice her.

But I never quite made it to 50,000 words so hopefully this years story, Nikolas and Simone, will be my first successful NaNoWriMo.

So if you are participating drop me a comment and we can commiserate. It should be a crazy wonderful ride.


Song Lyrics
I never made promises lightly and there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left we'll walk in the fields of gold
We'll walk in the fields of gold

Many years have passed since those summer days among the fields of barley
See the children run as the sun goes down among the fields of gold

You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in the fields of gold
When we walked in the fields of gold
When we walked in the fields of gold

Sting

4 Comments:

  • At 10/31/2006 04:27:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    YOu're blurb sounds great. Good luck with Nano.

     
  • At 10/31/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Thanks, Kelley. I am hoping to just not lose my mind.

    Sara

     
  • At 11/01/2006 12:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yuppers! It sounds great. I especially like the last paragraph and the line... Spencer is right by her side, in love and in danger, with The Hunter closing in. :)

    Just wanted to wish you Good Luck with NaNo!

    Cheers!

    Salmah

     
  • At 11/02/2006 06:47:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hey Salmah! Thanks for stopping by, girl. I hope you had a good first day of NaNoWriMo. I am behind already- LOL. But Iwill be writing like crazy today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home