ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, October 28, 2005

Still Undecided

I have the weekend to settle on a story idea if I am going to do NaNoWriMo. I am leaning away from working on Bridesmaids. That idea just does not inspire me right now. One idea I came up with was a novel divided into sections and each one being the life of the same woman on the same date in history but with alternate versions of her life based on a choice she made one fateful day in her past. I was liking the idea. In one version she would be a drug addict and in one a lawyer, or a wife of a pologymus or a criminal or even in prison. While I was congratulating myself on my clever idea I realized it was the same premise of the Gwyneth Paltrow movie Sliding Doors. Not that I could not write a novel based on the same idea but I don't know if I would want to. I am leaning more towards a multiple first person narrative story. Where I would have several charcters and each chapter would be first person in thier own voice. I have read several books like that and have loved them.

What I am Reading- A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby

Lyrics of the day

Time, why you punish me?
Like a wave crashing into the shore
You wash away my dreams
Time, why you walk away?
oh, oh Like a friend with somewhere to go
You left me crying
And you'll teach me about tomorrow
And all the pain and sorrow
running free?
'Cause tomorrow's just another day
And I don't believe in time

Hootie and the blowfish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home