ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Monday, July 10, 2006

CBTM is done!

I finished my 10,000 word short story. The last five pages were simple to write. This has been a great learning experience.
Still, I doubt I will write romantic suspense again. At least, I have no plans to right now. I realized I am not all that adept at writing love scenes and I am not even into action. But I did like how the plot relied on the suspense elements to work. It made it easier to decide what scenes to write.
There are other ideas brewing in my head though that are about personal growth. I hope I can make that as interesting to read as a tale of shootings, obsessive love and car crashes.
I am glad I got Allie and Spencer's story out of me though. There is an old post on this blog about me feeling like a bad mommy for creating them and then abandoning them when the going got tough. Now I have made things right with these characters and it feels wonderful.

What I am reading- The Big Bounce by Elmore Leonard

Song Lyrics of the Day-

For the life of me
I cannot remember
What made us think
that we were wise
and we'd never compromise

For the life of me
I cannot believe
we'd ever die for these sins

We were merely freshmen

We were merely freshmen

We were only freshmen


can't be held responsible

The Verve

5 Comments:

  • At 7/10/2006 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said…

    CONGRATS!!!! That's great. I'm so happy for you. Finishing a story feels so good, doesnt it?

     
  • At 7/10/2006 05:39:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    It feels amazing! I haven't finished a story in ten years. I start a millon and they litter my desk longing for a ending. Now I have one completed piece of work that shows mys tyle at the start of my writing career. I hope it is onwards and upwards from here.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Top class, Sara!
    I'm proud of you.

    Also, wanted to request that you be a little patient with me. Will add the yahoo chat group link back on my site. The other day, half my template got accidentally deleted and I lost all my sidebar content. It's a good thing the blog didn't get wiped off totally.
    love

     
  • At 7/10/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Susan, don't worry about it. Whenever you can put the link back is fine. I am just glad your blog is still there.
    Keep up your awesome writing, my friend.

    bye for now,
    Sara

     
  • At 2/04/2007 06:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home