ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Block Broken

My lastest bout with writer's block has come to a end. Yay! Yesterday I wrote over 1700 words. I got past the hard part in the chapter by cheating just a little. I didn't know how to describe their date without making it sound boring so I wrote a short paragraph describing it and then moved them onto the end of the night when they went home and the real action started. Chapter 5 is now completely done, until the rewrite, and it is the longest chapter in the book so far.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/24/2005 04:04:00 PM, Blogger Toni Anderson said…

    How do you do your word count for a book? Bear in mind the editors use pages, not actual word count...do you know all about this? If so I apologise!!!!

     
  • At 5/25/2005 01:47:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hi toni,
    I am still learning about all that kind of stuff but I have read it is 25 lines per page no matter how many words are on each line.

     
  • At 5/25/2005 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Toni Anderson said…

    The accepted format (although all rules can be broken) is Courier 12 and double spaced (although in word it has to be 'exactly 25' which gives you that magic 25 lines a page. I always set my format up at the start and then I know my chapter lengths/book length and have a much better idea of the overall book.

    Too much info--sorry if I sound like a broken record :(

     
  • At 5/30/2005 11:21:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Oh no, not too much info at all. I am glad to learn as much as I can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home