ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Breaking through

The project I am most excited about right now is my story about Eric Moore, a man who goes to a summer writing workshop. I wanted so desperately to write Andre's story, still do, or Aged Out, about foster kids. Those stories have a completely different vibe than Eric Moore's tale though. They are serious where his is lighter, his struggle not nearly as life and death.

Right now I am engrossed in his journey so that is where all my attention goes. He is a character that starts the novel as a unpublished author looking for the secret to how to write a best sellar. I hope I can show him discovering, through the class he takes, that no one can give you 1, 2, 3 or A, B, C how-to steps to success in publishing. He starts out wanting to mimic the style of his favorite authors and not writing the story of his heart. As Eric grows as a writer in the story , I hope I can grow as a writer right along with him.


Song Lyrics of the Day
I got a hole in me now

I got a scar i can talk about

She keeps a picture of me
in her apartment in the city

Some things in this world
they don't make sense

Some things you don't need
until they
leave you

And they're things that you miss

Matchbox 20 lyrics

6 Comments:

  • At 8/12/2006 01:59:00 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said…

    Sounds like an intriguing premise. *g*

     
  • At 8/12/2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    You sound completely immersed in this writing journey, Sara. I have no doubt that you'll write a good story and certainly, you will discover new things about yourself.
    love

     
  • At 8/13/2006 05:16:00 PM, Blogger Ischelle said…

    I agree with Susan. This journey seems to be taking over your mind and your heart, and if I were you, I would let it.

    You write beautifully and it leads you to discovery.

     
  • At 8/13/2006 08:19:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Tempest,
    thank you for stopping by. It is always nice to hear comments from another writer.

    Sara

     
  • At 8/13/2006 08:23:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Susan,
    the deeper into my writing I am the happier I am. If I start to feel out of sorts I know it because I am not writing enough.
    As everyone needs air to survive, writers need to write to feel truly alive.
    Hope all is well with you on your side of the world,
    your friend
    Sara

     
  • At 8/13/2006 08:25:00 PM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Ischelle, yes I think it is and I am thrilled about it. This time everything seems to be coming together for me. And every word of encourgment helps so thank you for leaving a comment.

    bye for now,
    sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home