ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Sunday, October 01, 2006

October Comes Quietly

I think for me October will be filled with planning. I need to finish as many as my writing projects as I can before November first. Once NaNoWriMo starts I will be consumed with that for all of next month. Then comes the holidays. I won't be able to think straight until Feb. and any writing I get done in winter will surely be a miricle.

I love the holidays as much as anyone but the older I get the more stressful they become. I moved from being the kid who gets to watch the cooking, cleaning, and spending of money to the adult who must do all those things and the fun gets sucked out of the season a little more with each added responsibilty.

Anyway, I am trying to make October last. Back in August I was praying to just make it to September because the end of summer rush in my home was testing my sanity.

Now I want time to slow and ease gently into winter.

Where I live we, or at least me and the other sane people, like for it to snow the first time on Christmas Eve. A white Christmas is a lovely thing but beyond that the piles of snow can stay up in the sky as far as I am concerned.

It can snow in October here or not at all untill January. Then it may snow as late as March. The saying is There are only two seasons in Chicago- winter and construction.

Maybe that saying appiles to many places but it is true of where I live. So everyday without a drop in tempeture or a snowflake falling down on my head will be a joy for me.

And while the leaves are still hanging on for dear life to the trees I will be holding tight to this slow paced time of year, between summer and the holidays, and hope I can accomplish enough now to hold me till the winter rush is over.

Like the squirrels do it is time for this writer to start storing up nuts for winter.


Song Lyrics of the Day

Oh I swear this town gets smaller everyday...


most folks here
they don't dig too deep.

They can't dream too big
cause they've got fields to keep.

I could walk away and leave my family.

Or get buried alive in this legacy.

Angel carry me, oh so far away.
May my body never... touch the ground.

And If I promise you that I'll be back someday,
will you set me free so I can

fly away?

Sugarland lyrics


5 Comments:

  • At 10/01/2006 09:54:00 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Sara, I just wrote you a comment and lost it.
    What I said was:

    What a beautiful post to read and one that totally captures your heart.
    Plus, here's wishing you every success.

     
  • At 10/02/2006 07:38:00 AM, Blogger crimsonflaw said…

    Dear Romancewriter,

    swirling in the october account is a beautiful poem. please write it soon.. and all your writing projects will bring you warm satisfaction and that longing to write past the mystery of the waiting word.

    My silly words will soon trace doodles here so i will take leave now. I thank you for spending some romantic moments by those poems i wrote.. your comments make them more meaningful somehow..

    shakir

     
  • At 10/02/2006 09:44:00 AM, Blogger The Wandering Author said…

    Sara, I agree, there's a poem in there. And the autumn is usually a good time for me to write as well. After Christmas is the dreaded Flu Season, and I have never yet figured out the secret of writing well while miserable with the flu.

    I hope you will be able to stretch out your October and get your writing projects done.

     
  • At 10/04/2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Mistress Regina said…

    It's a wonderful time of year to stay in bed with him, or her, a little longer in the morning. It's delicious to engage earlier in the night, in front of a fire or under a sea of blankets. I do love it. Are you going to tell us more about what you love this time of year; other than snowflakes falling on your head?

     
  • At 10/06/2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger RomanceWriter said…

    Hey everyone,

    Thanks for the comments. It inspired me to write a couple poems about October.

    Even though spring is my favorite time of year, I love the feeling of relief and renewal, I also enjoy the fall because it's like a breather between the wild fun summer and the hectic pace of the holidays.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home