ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Less than a Chapter

I have less than a chapter completerd on my November Novel for NaNoWriMo. I did decide on a subject. The tale of a forty -two year old man just released from prison, after serving ten years, coming home to try and build a new life for himself told through his eyes and that of his sister , father and grandmother. Also there would be a few flashback chapters to important moments in thier past. But since I haven't gotten very far on it I wonder if I should change ideas. Maybe something else would flow easier. I tell myself it does not matter what I write, just put words to paper that make some sort of sense. But I find I can not do it. It took untill November 3rd to come up with the idea and another day to write up the background of the characters before I got started.
What I am reading - Alice's Tulips by Sandra Dallas

Song Lyrics of the Day
how can i go home with nothing to say
i know you're going to look at me that way

and say what did you do out there
and what did you decide
you said you needed time
and you had time

you are a china shop
and i am a bull
you are really good food
and i am full

i guess everything is timing
i guess everything's been said
so i am coming home with an empty head
ani defranco song



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home