ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, January 13, 2006

Goals for this year

This year I hope to-
1. Write a novel of 100,000 words
2. Learn to write a query letter

My venture into become a published author is a slow, sometimes agonisizingly so, journey. I want to be realistic about what I can accomplisH in this years time. I will not be able to submit until I can finish writing all the way till THE END. I got close with Tripping Over Myself but it will be , when finished, only half as long as I need my manuscript to be if I decide to write chick lit. I am still struggling to get to that magical , mystical destination called the last page of a novel I wrote.

What I am Reading George Bush, Dark Prince of Love: A Presidential Romance
by Lydia Millet

Song of the Day
And you asked me what I want this year
and I try to make this kind and clear
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days'
cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
and designer love and empty things
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words

and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
tonight's the night the world begins again

Goo Goo Dolls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home