ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Family Drama

Last week I read Welfare Brat: a Memoir by Mary Childers. In it she recounts the personal truth about her family, including unplanned pregnacies, alcoholism and the way families help and hurt each other. To tell her story honestly she had to shine a light on the ugly corners of her family history. I admired that she was able to do this unflinchingly. I could not imagine writing such a novel about my family while my mother or any of my siblings were alive. I doubt they would speak to me if I did and I would not blame them one bit. I enjoyed her book but I am not brave enough to write a similiar one of my own.

Song of the Day
All alone,
I came into the world
All alone,
I will someday die


Solid stone
is just sand and water, baby
Sand
and
water,
and a million years gone by

beth nielsen chapman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home