ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Pledged

I have pledged, to the yahoo writers group that I am part of, to write a 1,000 words by next week. Can I break my slump and get back into the writing groove? I have been trying to start a novel, the work in progress title is Andre's Life, about a middle aged man released from jail who has to make a new start with his family and career, as told through the viewpoint of him and his family. So for the last few months I have been seeing in my minds eye Andre standing in a cell, clutching the bars, waiting for me to write the wods that set him on hs journey. At the same time I have been playing around with other ideas but none speak to me as strongly as Andre does. This week I will either have to write 1,000 words of his story or leave him behind for awhile.

Song of the day
When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly
I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain
when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here
I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left
Then I'll hug his neck ......
when I get where I'm going
Brad Paisley with Dolly Parton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home