ASPIRING ROMANCE WRITER

I write to keep me sane. I write so that my words may outlive my life. I write to find redemption

Friday, February 03, 2006

Trying to Start

This last week I have been trying to start a new project . The only idea that excites me is same project I almost used for NaNoWriMo- the tale of a middle aged man released from prison who must reconnect with his family as told from his point of view, his grandmother, his ex-wife, and maybe others in his life. But, of course, I have no clue HOW to write this. Starting out is always the hardest for me. I struggle to slip into a voice to use for the story. In Tripping Over Myself Jaspers voice yelled at me. He was an angry, lost, punk of a kid but also lonely and lovable. Andre, the main character for my prison idea, is only whispering to me right now. I can't start until he is screaming, beating down the barriers in my brain and throwing himself onto the page.

What I am Reading- The Daddy Clock by Judy Markley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home